Sunday, June 14, 2009

a night in BKK

Went into Bangkok the other night for a brief break from my little town. It was dark by the time I finally arrived, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. the city has a different personality at night and it's nice to be wandering around when I'm not struggling to find something I need or rushing to meet someone.


Soi Thonglor
a great side street with street food vendors spilling out past the sidewalks, into the road.


I bought a plate of sticky rice layered with thick, creamy sweet slabs of bright orange mango, the whole thing doused in coconut milk. No picture - I was too hungry to stop and take out the camera.


Ivy was in town too, visiting friends of hers who work at the American embassy. They have a condo right in the heart of the city, so I leapt at the opportunity to go visit, eat some free food and swim in their rooftop pool (!)


blurry rooftop pool with a view of downtown Bangkok


3 comments:

  1. how do you always manage to get connected to rich people with beautiful homes and yachts that they let you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, being a poor, young, female backpacker helps...

    ReplyDelete