Friday, June 5, 2009

illustration of the day

As they were finishing their tests on weather and seasons today, my fifth grade students were getting rowdy (well, more rowdy than normal) so I told them all to draw a picture for teacher Michelle on the back of their test. I got pictures of cats and bunnies and flowers and asian cartoon characters.. a couple brown nosers drawing an asian me ("beautiful teacher", they write) and rainbows and I LOVE YOUs. Other kids haven't got the fine motor skills down, so I got some black and grey blobs which maybe resembled cars, maybe radishes, hard to tell. One kid, though, drew me an elaborate scene in which an elephant wearing a top hat is targeted by a band of poachers wielding machine guns and grenades...

Mr. Elephant
(I've edited out most of the gratuitous violence)


3 comments:

  1. How are they allowed to do that! Wouldnt you be expelled if you did that in the States?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, what a boy. you're just as bad as my students!

    ReplyDelete