sdf
Two new green dessert finds in one day:
Two new green dessert finds in one day:
(glutinous rice flour, sugar, coconut milk, water and toasted peanuts on top)
I believe that this is basically a giant slab of the stuff that those little blue and yellow balls (see Sunday's post) are made of. It's thick and sticky and coconutty, sort of like the sweet green sticky rice they serve here, but in ultra dense form. Apparently, you just tear chunks off with your fingers and pass it around. I love the stuff, but it's so heavy I can't eat more than few marble-sized nubs at a time.
If I understood the man at the market correctly (which is unlikely) this greasy green sombrero is actually made out of some part of a lotus. Texture wise, the closest thing I can think of to this dessert is maybe a dense, hot, deepfried crumpet. Thick and sweet and chewy, with crunchy caramelized edges, I couldn't resist. I ate three.

The top picture looks like a stuffed green pepper... but on closer inspection is a little unsettling
ReplyDeleteno chiles rellenos here... just chewy glutinous rice paste. mmm!
ReplyDelete