Wednesday, May 13, 2009

my new digs

woke up in the middle of the night last night with a cockroach on my face.

Rustic, as i told Amelia, is a pleasant way to describe my new place. It's a bit different than the description I got from the school before I arrived, and it's going to take a bit of getting used to, but i'll become home soon enough... as soon as I put up some photos of Portland, West End, Corvallis (yes, I have a photo of ADP) and my lovely family and friends, and, more importantly, get rid of the cockroach nests under my bed.

lovely golden curtains and walls with a pleasant public bathroom motif


home sweet home


Pink sheets. cute until i found cockroaches nesting in them.

i may be investing in a new toilet seat.

And for a little perspective, that little shower sprayer comes up to about my chest, so my morning showers are essentially just a dribble of cold water over the lower part of my body. in this heat, though, there's no need for hot water and i figure get clean enough going swimming most days.. (though some would say my standards are below average)

3 comments:

  1. hmmm... that bathroom looks your bathroom in Corvallis...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH!!! hahaha, oh my gosh, gross! Yes, I would have to say after looking at the pics of your new place, I think you made the right choice in moving....


    speaking of, I think I can see the cockroaches moving around on the floor of that bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Liz, I have low standards but I have to draw the line somewhere.

    and Daddy... excuse me but I cleaned that Corvallis bathroom at least twice. TWO times! and i'm pleased to say I never once saw a cockroach in there.

    ReplyDelete