Tuesday, May 5, 2009

bangkok

Well, here I am, safe and sound, at my hotel in Bangkok. If you'd like to view my lovely accommodations for the next few days... http://www.pinnaclehotels.com/
It may not be quite as plush as the website would have you imagine, but it's lovely to have a nice comfortable bed to stay in after 24 hours of airplane seats.

My voyage over went strangely smoothly. I kept expecting some terrible glitch, hold-up, baggage debacle (eternal optimist that I am) but no. easiest trip i've ever had. Getting a taxi was the only real challenge of the trip.. sweating profusely, carrying a giant backpack, trying to haggle with hordes of taxi drivers offering me "special price!".. I ultimately succeeded, of course, but not without 20 min of traipsing to and fro and perhaps some permanent lower-back damage. (just kidding, mummy!) The taxi ride took about 10 minutes and gave me a good look at the Bangkok skyline, all lit up at night. quite a sight.

Tomorrow I begin exploring, but now I go to sleep. It's about 2am here and my body is terribly confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment