This afternoon I made the mistake of thinking I could brave Big C on this, the worst day of the month to shop. Today is payday and I think all of Thailand decided to do their month's grocery shopping simultaneously at 4pm. Wading through swaths of Thais I felt my body's classic reaction to large groups of people who are all (deliberately, I'm quite sure) in my way... rising blood pressure, pounding head and an ugly scowl on my face. I managed to escape with a few raw ingredients - enough to whip up a strange little dinner concoction...

pumpkin and water chestnuts from a few days ago.
headed for my curry

green curry paste, coconut milk,
pumpkin, water chestnuts, green mini eggplant-like things and thai sweet basil

the final product with rice, cabbage and a fried egg - surprisingly edible.
Did you just say coconut milk instead of coconut yogurt so people wouldnt ask questions? haha
ReplyDeletehaha, oh i forgot I told some people the truth about this meal. well yes, you're spot on.
ReplyDeleteNot the same girl who would eat nothing but quesadillas every single night for dinner!
ReplyDeleteMother. That was many moons ago. I would most certainly starve to death if this were still the case. I haven't laid eyes on even a crumb of cheese since I left the states.
ReplyDelete