This is a pretty starfruit...
A portion of the street I live on is littered with these little fruit grenades.. Laying there in varying degrees of explodedness, I'll admit that I've been tempted to pick one up and have a try. I've been curious about what these guys taste like but, suspecting that at least one of the feral neighbor dogs has probably urinated/drooled/vomited on the street fruits, I've chosen to avoid the neighborhood supply. So I went ahead and bought one from the market. The flavor could be described only as uninteresting and sort of sickly, with maybe some bile and dirt undertones. It is very pretty though.
2 days until the end of term.
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Michelle,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on completing your contract. I've heard your family is coming over soon, but what's the plan for the weeks ahead? More adventure?
Hi Greg!
ReplyDeleteIt's great to hear from you. And thanks, it feels good (and sad, too) to be finished! As for what I'll be up to between now and when my mum and dad get here...? Well, I'm teaching some high school kids in Bangkok for a couple of weeks in April, and then...? Now that I don't have school work keeping me busy, I'll have plenty of time keep up with blogging and let you guys know what I'm up to.
The street fruits are beautiful. I love your photos. They're simply gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteBe good to yourself. Enjoy your adventures ahead.
Mummy