School is officially finished for the year! Ten months ago, when I started here, I certainly didn't envision saying tearful goodbyes and making promises to come back soon to visit the 4th, 5th and 6th grade gremlins that I was teaching. But 10 months changes a lot. I'm going to miss these kids (most of them) like crazy.
So I'll close with some final images of Sathit Bangna School, leftover on my camera from "Exhibition Day" in December...
No one really seemed to understand what the purpose of this day was, but for the kids (and teachers) it meant a day without classes. And an excuse for the grade 1 moms to dress their kids up like beauty pageant contestants.
Teacher Katie proudly mans the Question Tree station.. We invested hours cutting, stapling, hole punching and tying on 100s leaves to create our beautiful tree. Which was promply destroyed by hordes of students.
My 5th and 6th graders. Ecstatic at the opportunity to rock blue jeans at school - no uniforms for a full day!
A particularly sassy little grade 1 beauty queen.
The foreign teachers, in matching prisoner attire, lead activities in the shade.
A belated Irish Blessing in honor of St Patrick's Day
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
On to new adventures indeed... I'm proud of you. XXXOOXX Daddy
ReplyDeleteThanks Daddy, I can't wait until you guys get here. xox
ReplyDeleteA belated Irish Blessing in honor of St Patrick's Day
ReplyDeleteMay the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Love, Mummy