Karl, my family's beloved morbidly obese cat, died yesterday at the age of 19 (give or take.. we got him from the pound). While there are things we won't miss about our fat feline...
[the way he scratched small children, knocked down the Christmas tree and proceeded to urinate all over it, urinated on our houseguests' feet and belongings, left clumps of grey fur in piles strewn around the living room, broke into the catfood cabinet to eat all the kibbles and then vomited them up in the kitchen, and stole food from all the neighborhood cats' bowls, for example]
...it's going to be strange next time I sit in front of the fireplace and don't have a massive, purring ball of fur collapse onto my lap, or the next time we cook salmon at home and hear no crazed meowing from the black blob scratching at our shins.
Karl loved being dressed up Christmas,
Karl Spatz, you will be missed.

Thanks for a fitting tribute for Karl. I swear that I hear his meows still early in the morning...
ReplyDeleteNOOO!!How sad! He will be missed.
ReplyDeleteI love the first picture, even though I did not know Karl that well, I feel as though it really captures his personality (and that of all cats) :)
By the way, when were the last two pictures taken? He seems a bit...slimmer....
this made me want to cry a little bit...but im in the computer lab at school so i cant :(
ReplyDelete