sdf
After weeks of confusion about internet access here, I finally have internet access at my house again. On the other hand, it looks like internet in my office at school is gone for good (one day, a few weeks ago, a couple of guys just walked in as I was sitting at my computer, motioned to borrow my chair to stand on, removed the modem from the wall and off they went. the few people at school with whom I can communicate in English have told me, "mmm... hmm... maybe later." this translates to: "you will never see internet here again.") But internet at home means I can finally get all my nerdy NPR podcasts back! That means weeks of fresh, new Wait Wait... and Car Talk and Talk of the Nation! Also, The Moth, check it out.
Thai Mothers' Day was last Wednesday, so we had the day off of school and I am proud to say that I completed 10 (small) loads of laundry. I am not proud, however, that I had 10 loads of laundry to complete. I'm just thrilled to have clean underwear again.
Because it was Mothers' Day, I had all my classes make booklets for their mothers, with the title, "I Love My Mother Becuase..." Well, most of the girls were able to handle the assignment - I did get plenty of pages reading, for instance, "...because he cook me when hungry," but they enjoyed drawing flowers and hearts and mothers hugging daughters who all look suspiciously like Hannah Montana. The boys, as always, were more keen on drawing hand grenades and ninjas.
I was proud of noodle boy's restraint today - just one noodle bowl on page one. That's as far as he got on the book, however, and here's his front cover:
After weeks of confusion about internet access here, I finally have internet access at my house again. On the other hand, it looks like internet in my office at school is gone for good (one day, a few weeks ago, a couple of guys just walked in as I was sitting at my computer, motioned to borrow my chair to stand on, removed the modem from the wall and off they went. the few people at school with whom I can communicate in English have told me, "mmm... hmm... maybe later." this translates to: "you will never see internet here again.") But internet at home means I can finally get all my nerdy NPR podcasts back! That means weeks of fresh, new Wait Wait... and Car Talk and Talk of the Nation! Also, The Moth, check it out.
Thai Mothers' Day was last Wednesday, so we had the day off of school and I am proud to say that I completed 10 (small) loads of laundry. I am not proud, however, that I had 10 loads of laundry to complete. I'm just thrilled to have clean underwear again.
Because it was Mothers' Day, I had all my classes make booklets for their mothers, with the title, "I Love My Mother Becuase..." Well, most of the girls were able to handle the assignment - I did get plenty of pages reading, for instance, "...because he cook me when hungry," but they enjoyed drawing flowers and hearts and mothers hugging daughters who all look suspiciously like Hannah Montana. The boys, as always, were more keen on drawing hand grenades and ninjas.
I was proud of noodle boy's restraint today - just one noodle bowl on page one. That's as far as he got on the book, however, and here's his front cover:
I think he may have misunderstood the assignment.
I decided not to send this class's books home to mom. They're pinned up in my office instead.
-
-

Haha,he IS robot.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor...that would be sad! You're going to need it now more than ever.
ReplyDeleteI checked out the Moth...listened to one story and liked it a lot.
Yes, Ryan, we continue to struggle with the use of indefinite articles here.
ReplyDeleteand yes, mummy, humor is an invaluable weapon